For one of our client based in Brussels, we are currently looking for a Data Scientist.
- You contribute to the overall efficiency of the team by developing data marts and procedures that further automate the delivery of recurrent reports and analysis, from data extraction to visualisation.
- You will also be a driving force in the on-going mission to implement and maintain best practices like code versioning, release cycles and state-of-the-art tooling. You will be working together closely with the IT department.
- You support the team with translating business requests into big data requirements and extract the needed big data from multiple data sources to perform your analyses. You help transforming the data into meaningful insights for external customers.
- You explore and examine data from multiple disparate sources, go through all incoming data with the goal of discovering a previously hidden insight.
- It would be an advantage to have some visualisation skills (e.g. dashboard creation) to support the team in presenting results for customers.
- You present your results and conclusions, discuss them with multi-functional project teams (marketing, project management, Solution Sales, …) and communicate to a technical as well as non-technical audience.
- PhD or Master'sdegree in a quantitative field (Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience as data scientist or data engineer
- Python (and data wrangling libraries like Pandas).
- SQL (Postgres, Hive, SparkSQL).
- Cloud: Azure stack, Databricks, ADF, API’s.
- Big Data: Hadoop, Spark, Hive, HDFS.
- Software engineering: Linux, GIT, JIRA.
Nice to have
- Geo-Spatial Analytics: QGIS, Postgis, geo Python libraries.
- Visualisation tools for eg Power BI
- Experience with the Airflow scheduling software.
- Machine Learning capabilities
- Fluent in Dutch, English and French.
Our client offers a temporary contract for a duration of 1 year and a daily rate in line with your experience.