Our client is looking for a System Engineer to further assist their customers in the infrastructure field.
As a senior all-round systems engineer, you will be part of a talented team that demonstrates technical proficiency and delivers the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
- More specifically, you will manage Microsoft Windows client stations and servers.
- You will also be responsible for managing backups and monitoring the performance, stability and security of all systems.
- You are responsible for incident management and for the implementation and updates of the client stations and servers.
- You advise, develop and participate in the implementation of new infrastructures and support the development teams in the execution of projects.
As a System Engineer, your duties will be as follows:
- Assign and provide software and network infrastructure (assignment, new assignment)
- Analyze the performance of the information system
- Propose measures to improve quality, security and productivity
- Define and monitor access rights according to the characteristics of the users or services
- Play a role in implementation and support
- Create or integrate scripts
- Identify malfunctions, incidents and irregularities
- Diagnose and apply corrective measures
- Perform maintenance interventions on user infrastructure remotely
- Advise and assist development teams, IT production teams or users in the selection and application of technical solutions
- Performing network assessments, security audits
- Participating in the management and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: responding to alerts, monitoring the dashboard, and periodic system assessment
- Identify new products and solutions, and research solutions for existing customers
- Communicating with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed upon outages
- Being available to other engineers and coaching them towards solutions
- Network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Internal systems, cloud and network infrastructure.
- Supporting remote access solutions: VPN, Terminal services
- Remote monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications
- You have a degree (Bachelor's or Master's) in Computer Science or you have equivalent experience
- You have 3 to 5 years experience as a System Engineer
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Knowledge of French is a plus
- You have the following technical skills: Azure Cloud environment/ VMware/Firewalls/Linux/ Scripting/Active Directory/Network
- You have experience with SOPHOS is a plus
- You are proficient in the following technologies: Windows, Microsoft Exchange Server, SharePoint, Teams
- Knowledge of the following technologies is a plus: Microsoft 365, Office 365 administration & migration
- You have an analytical mind and communication is one of your strengths
- You are a driven person who takes on every challenge
- You are a team player, but you can also work independently.
- You are customer and result oriented, organized and have a good analytical mind.
- Your ability to solve problems is one of your key strengths.
What is in it for you?
- a career in a company with a solid future where career opportunities are real
- a complete package incl. company car
- a place in an IT team where you will be appreciated as a person
- a privileged working atmosphere.